Saturday 10 August 2013

Sounds Mean...

Sounds Mean cover art

Well, spank my arse and call me Charlie - it's been an awfully long time since thegeneral updated with anything new. I'd try and explain my absence, but to be honest I can't be fucked.

Anyhow, I'm back - with a bang. In terms of new music, there's an awful lot going on at the moment and much to talk about, over the next few posts I'll hopefully try and address some of the great releases from the last few weeks/months whilst introducing as much new/forthcoming stuff as possible.

The first band I'd like to introduce everybody to is Kill The Captains. Yus indeed. Kill The Captains. They're from Sheffield, but don't think you're going to get The Human League or Cabaret Voltaire (nagnagnag), because you aren't. Although you'd be forgiven for thinking so when you play the sample track from their new album, "Sounds Mean" which is up on bandcamp at the moment (link below). "Disco Nazi" is a blistering mix of bass, electronica and distorted vocals which really gets you. The bassline of this was enough to win me over (thegeneral likes a good, dirty bassline...)

Anyway, the album in whole is released on 12th August and is available from bandcamp (I say again, link below) and comes to you courtesy of the wonderful, wonderful Armellodie Records who I adore a lot and am going to be featuring more and more of this year.

Enjoy, you big shower of bastards.

killthecaptains.bandcamp.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment