Wednesday 21 May 2014

The Repeat Offenders - Lose Control

TRO_Lose_Control_1400x1400

Good Tuesday evening to you. Almost at the mid point of the week and not killed anyone yet, so all in all I'd say that's pretty good going (there's time yet, so don't piss me off, or if you do piss me off you can placate me with tea and send an androgynous house boy round to serve it ).

So, what, dear readers can I offer you?

Something really special. But then don't I always? I'm so good to you - you really don't deserve me.

The Repeat Offenders are a band that have been on my radar for some time now and they're a band of real merit, therefore I'm massively pleased to be able to review their new single, which they were kind enough to send to me today.

Have a look at the band's website, where you'll find a link to the video for the song - called "Lose Control" and also details of where you can download/buy a CD copy from:

therepeatoffenders.co.uk/

I have to say, I'm massively baffled as to why these guys are not much bigger than they are - they've got a really solid, edgy sound and a fantastic look and this new single is a prime example of all of these things coming together beautifully. They're a great mixture of cool mod sixties vibes laced with late 80s Madchester bands like The Stone Roses - but yet they still retain plenty originality to set them apart from everyone else.

"Lose Control" is an epic song from start to finish, it's a rollercoaster of rock, with a brilliantly catchy hook, a vocal which is alive with power and filthily delightful guitars. One of those songs that I instantly felt I'd be able to sing along with  after one listen - and after two it was jammed in my head, in the nicest possible way. In fact I've actually been singing it all afternoon. So if you're one of my neighbours and you're reading this, I'm sorry (I'm not sorry).

The B Side, available if you buy the CD single is an acoustic number called "In My Way". Acoustic to some might mean a delicate little wisp of a track that is instantly forgettable - not with The Repeat Offenders, this is just as powerful as "Lose Control" and every bit as stirring and beautiful to listen to. It's got a raw emotional power to it.

These guys have got proper attitude, they've got an acute sense of style and a sound that really should be filling stadiums. Make their new single one of your early Summer musical must haves - and that's an order from me.


No comments:

Post a Comment