Sunday 30 November 2014

Static Future - Assembly



Well, I'm pure mad excited about this. Hello again by the way. I hope you're sitting comfortably and have managed to make a nice cup of tea since my last post. I've got something to share with you that I've been waiting ages for (and not, it's not a copy of "Fifty Shades of Anthracite"), it's a brand new EP from a brilliant band that I've featured here on these pages before - the very very tres marvellousse Static Future.

I love these guys a lot and their last single "Marseille" was one of the songs I played to death when it came out and also over this summer too. I was honestly about to send out a search party for them as I thought they might have got lost on the way back from the toilets, but no - it turns out they've been away preparing another brilliant set of recordings.

"Assembly" is going to be released tomorrow - 1st December if you're reading this today, if you're reading it tomorrow then it's already out, or you're in a parallel universe.

It'll be available from their bandcamp page here:

thestaticfuture.bandcamp.com/

and to be honest while you're waiting for it to go up there you wouldn't be badly placed to go and pick yourselves up a copy of "Marseille" and their previous releases up.

"Assembly" is a corker. It really is. I've been lucky enough to have a preview and I love it. I think I said it before, but their music has a brilliant bounce to it. There's something about it that makes you want to jump up and down. It's a combination of really pure guitar sound and brilliant vocals from Gavin Marshall (Gav, if you're reading this, you can leave my £10 under the plant pot outside my flat, not "that" plant pot...the other one). But seriously, there isn't a duff track on the new collection - there's a brilliant mix of almost ska like beats, syncopated guitars and poppy marvellousness that is really going to make winter evenings that bit more worthwhile at thegeneral towers.

Opener "Is This Real Love" is a fine way to kick off proceedings and the pace continues through to the end track "Sunday Suns" which has great scuzzy guitars on it and is a brilliantly rocky end.

If you don't go and buy this EP when it's released then we can no longer be friends. It's as simple as that. Static Future are ACE and I won't hear a word said against them. So there.

No comments:

Post a Comment