Saturday 13 December 2014

The Thieves - Same Old Story

The Thieves
Howdy. It's Saturday afternoon and it's pouring with rain, thegeneral has just been out for a long walk and is now what can only be described as "piss wet through". So what could be finer that sitting down, drying off (well actually I dried off first before I sat down) getting a big mug of tea and sharing some excellentosity in music with you.

Today, I'd really like to introduce you to a band from Derby called The Thieves. The guys contacted me via The Twitters and asked me to have a listen to their single "Same Old Story". They've got a new single coming out in the new year which I'll give you all a heads up on when it's due for release, but in the meantime, have a listen to this:

The Thieves - Same Old Story

...and then do yourselves a favour and buy it...

...from here...

Reasons to love this song. It's super super cool. It's got brilliant riffage, I like the ebb and flow of the chords and the slightly maths rock feel to it. The vocals are nicely powerful, yet slightly muted and raw and to me it feels like one of those songs I'd want to listen to repeatedly 'cos it's so bloody infectious.

This is pretty much thegeneral's major introduction to the band and I've loved what I've heard so far - if you have to then give the guys your support, they're definitely one to watch in 2015. You  might not have heard them here first, but they're really worthy of your support and I'm definitely looking forward to hearing the new single...watch this space...

No comments:

Post a Comment