Monday 25 May 2015

All The People - The Hills



So it's Bank Holiday Monday (though in truth, it's just an ordinary Monday for me - nothing Bank about it) and it's one of those days where you need something to chillax bro, to. (I am SO cool it hurts). Today I've got just the thing...

However, as I'm slightly incapacitated today (nothing that tea and a nice sit down with a book about an horrific serial killer won't sort out), I'm handing over the reviewing reins once more to my lovely, lovely sparring partner, tea addict and generalallroundmisanthrope, theexistentialist - who has really kindly offered, like a slightly camp Knight in Sparkly Armour to come to my blogging rescue.

Thank you theexistentialist for another brilliant review!

++++

thegeneral has been kind enough to bring to my attention a fantastic new band from London, called All the People. 

All the People are busy promoting their debut single, which is due out on 8th June. Although, it can be previewed, here, at the link below:



(In the age of digital technology, I’m not quite sure what it means to release a single on 8th June, when it is already out!)

You can visit their website here:


You can visit their Twitter page here:


You can visit their Facebook page here:


Anyway, The Hills is the name of the track, and wow, what a debut! This band are one to watch, and this is just a beautiful song. I could quite easily become obsessed with it. (thegeneral chips in: Yes theexistentialist will dear readers...watch this space...)

It is melancholy, but the laid-back, druggy-trippy landscape transforms the melancholy into melodic. The obvious reference point for this band are Massive Attack.  However, The Hills is, in the opinion of theexistentialist, superior to almost anything Massive Attack have done; and is, thus far, probably my single of the year!

++++




No comments:

Post a Comment