Sunday 24 May 2015

Prince Vaseline - Radio On



Another week has gone whizzing by, and I'm back again, prostrate on the indie dance floor like a woman possessed. Not sure what with, but possessed anyhow.

It's Super-blog-Sunday and I'm here today to share with you some more music that I really hope you'll like as much as I do.

First off is a brilliant new discovery - hailing from the vaults of PinDrop Publicity, my lovely musical pals in Oxford.

Today, I'd like to introduce you to the frankly mervellouuuseee Prince Vaseline.

First of all, le necessaries:

You can find their Soundcloud page here:

soundcloud.com/princevaseline/radio-on

You can follow zem on ze Twitterz here:

twitter.com/princevaseline

You can 'ave a look at zer Facebookz here:

facebook.com/princevaseline/timeline

Now then, have a listen to their latest track (on their soundcloud link) called "Radio On". This is released ahead of their mini-album, out in June and called "A Naturally Coloured Pleasure".

"Radio On" is just brill. I loved it from the outset. I liked the guitars at the beginning - for some reason they reminded me of the opening to David Bowie's "Heroes", which is obviously pretty cool - but the track itself diverges away from that into a lovely mix of jaunty riffage and organ tuneage, which is superduper. Nicely muted and downplayed vocals and harmonies combine really well to give a track which is a joy to listen to - and seems to not head where you think it will. Just as you're getting used to one rhythm - off it pops onto something else.

If this is anything to go by, the mini album is going to be a real treat - hopefully I'll get to review that nearer the time. Until then, fill your lugholes with this...Prince Vaseline, you might have heard them here first...

No comments:

Post a Comment