Sunday 12 July 2015

The Everglows - 2 Minute Hero



Here's a little post to see out the weekend with, in case the last one left you wanting more (and it bloody well should have done)

I'm really pleased to be featuring my lovely pals The Everglows once more, always a pleasure to have them upon my pages (and to also write a blog about them too - arfarf). The chaps have a new single out called "2 Minute Hero" (which of course made me instantly think about The Selecter's "3 Minute Hero"). Before that, you can read all my previous mentionings of the group HERE.

You can Twitterise the band here:

twitter.com/theeverglows

You can have a look at their Soundcloud here:

soundcloud.com/theeverglows

"2 Minute Hero" is yet another corker. It's actually 3 minutes though, lads. I think you were sat at the back, like me, during maths lessons, chewing gum and scratching my name on the desk with a compass.

It's got a really nice, laid back Britpop feel to it, though the band do still retain their mod/psychedelic goodness for anyone who worries they might miss out on that. I love these chaps heaps, their sound really appeals to me and I like their slightly off kilter vocals and guitars. This is another exceptionally pleasing listen and is perfect for lazy summer days. Get it on your playlists this instant.

The guys also tell me they've another track due for release on 17th July, through the NYCFactoryFast label - so watch this space. In the meantime, be a 2 Minute Hero and give The Everglows some support.

No comments:

Post a Comment